This is the one question that bothers us the most as someone very new to reading. The list I am now giving you is a comprehensive one and will suck you right in the habit of reading.
I recommend you start with the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The series consists of four novels, 5 books of 56 short stories. A great series to start with
You can also start with these great books :
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
- And There were None by Agatha Christie
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
- One for the Money Janet Evanovich
- Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
- The Spy Who Came in From the Cold by John Le Carré
- The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
- From Russia with Love by Ian Fleming
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
…and remember this is just a beginning.